SONORA ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY (SAS) DIRECTIONS AND MAP
SAS MEETINGS are held on the 2nd Tuesdays from September through May at 7:00pm-9:00pm
- If coming from the north of Green Valley, take I-19 South to Exit 63. If coming from the south of Green Valley, take I-19 North to Exit 63 (This is the Continental Road exit).
- Turn East on Continental Road (from the South turn RIGHT or from the North turn LEFT (go back under the freeway)).
- Follow Continental Road to S Park Centre Ave (the entrance to La Posada) and turn LEFT at the 4-way stop sign (Follow the red arrows).
- Note: The road going right is called E Whitehouse Canyon Road. Do not take that road.
- If you are coming from Quail Creek, turn RIGHT at the 4-way the stop sign.
- At the next stop sign, turn LEFT on Morningside Drive.
- At the next stop sign, turn LEFT on S La Posada Circle.
- Follow the circle until you come to the Recreation Center (See larger red arrow pointing to the meeting building).
- Turn into the parking lot on the RIGHT hand side of the road.
- On the LEFT side of the road is the Astronomy Observatory dome (See Dome with telescope on map and Saturn in the sky).
- Follow the walkway from the parking lot to the building where the meeting room is located.
- Note: You will walk past the Bocce Ball court.
- The entrance to the meeting room is at the far end of the Recreation Center building.